Benefits of Finger Painting for Toddlers
I love to paint and explore different mediums of colour. I have used water colour, fabric colour , poster colour and oil paints on canvas. It makes my mood soar and fly. Painting gives expression to my thoughts.
I want my son to learn painting too.I started doing a lot of painting activities with T when he was a baby. Finger painting is our favourite activity.
Young children love messy play. This gives them opportunity to use their hands and finger freely to create whatever they want. There are a lot of sensory experiences going on during this time which are very important for your little one to experience.
You do not have to create a big fancy painting set up for your child. All you need is a sheet of paper and some paints. These days the paints which are available in the market are also non toxic. even if they put their fingers in their mouth, it won't harm them
Benefits of Finger Painting :
- It is easy for little babies to to paint with their fingers as their fingers are not yet ready to hold the brush.
- The child learns to express his feelings on paper.
- It stimulates your child's senses ( touch, feel ,see , taste - edible colours )
- It helps in child's intellectual development.While painting, a child uses a variety of colours, so it is helpful in colour recognition. It is pure joy to see when they mix two colours to form a third colour. It is like magic for a child.
- One of the most essential benefit of finger painting is that it promotes hand eye co-ordination and control.
- It helps to create spatial awareness and muscle control, if the painting is done on the floor.
- It promotes social skills, like sharing pots ,working together as team.
- Develops communication skill when finger painting is done a s a group activity.
- Studies have shown that it is a relaxing, therapeutic way to express feelings.
- It is MESSY, which means it is a lot of FUN too.
- It improves their fine motor skills, strengthens fingers and hand muscles.
Must read ,how to get toddlers to do painting to get some some wonderful tips
I am taking my Blog to the next level with Blogchatter's #MyfriendAlexa